Q: Will my CS Connect account be disabled if I am importing my CS Connect account profile into Dexis IS Connect?
A: No, importing your CS Connect profile into DEXIS IS Connect does not prevent the usage of CS Connect.
Q: Is the order in which Laboratory and Dentist imported their profile important?
A: No. Given both dentist and laboratory have imported their profile, they will appear in their respective partner list, and cases history will be updated. The last one to import triggers this update but the result is the same regardless the order.
We recommend however the laboratory anticipate and signup now while dentist can do that a bit later when starting to use DEXIS IS ScanFlow.
Q: As a laboratory when should I sign up and import my profile in DEXIS IS Connect?
A: The sooner the better to facilitate dentist transition and ensure you shall be present in his partner list when he signs up
Q: As a dentist, when should I sign up and import my profile in DEXIS IS Connect?
A: When starting using DEXIS IS ScanFlow. There is no benefit to sign up before. Besides, the history of case to be imported in DEXIS IS Connect starts when both partners have signed up and is not further updated.
Q: Shall I be forced to change to DEXIS IS Connect from CS Connect?
A: Customers who upgrade to DEXIS IS ScanFlow can still send their case with CS Connect when export is initiated from CS Imaging.
Note: If the reason to send case from CS Connect is being able to send the case not within the “ScanFlow session”, but later from CS Imaging, this can be achieved from DEXIS IS ScanFlow launched from the desktop
Q: As a CS Imaging 8 (Carestream Dental Imaging) user, what should I do when upgrading to DEXIS IS ScanFlow and how does this impact CS Connect usage?
A: Depending on other Carestream Dental applications usage and workflow, the following choices are possible
- You use CS Imaging 8 with other software as CS Imaging 3D (PDIP or others application)
Select "Integrated" Type when installing DEXIS IS ScanFlow.
Sharing cases shall be possible either from CS Imaging 8 via CS Connect, or from DEXIS IS ScanFlow via DEXIS IS Connect.
Note that DEXIS IS ScanFlow history can be launched from the desktop to review the acquisition and share it with DEXIS IS Connect independently from CS Imaging even in integrated mode.
- You use CS Imaging 8 to trigger the IOS acquisition and share it.
You can perform installation in "Standalone» Type
In this configuration, you can share case form DEXIS IS ScanFlow only by via DEXIS IS Connect.
Q: Is DEXIS IS ScanFlow compatible with Carestream Dental CS Imaging 8.0?
A: New version of DEXIS IS ScanFlow is compatible with CS Imaging 8. If a user wants to keep a CS Imaging – ScanFlow workflow, it is fully possible.
DEXIS IS ScanFlow release comes with at least 3 options:
- Standalone Type: patient data (demographics, scans, etc.) are directly managed within DEXIS IS ScanFlow, you can transfer cases directly from DEXIS IS ScanFlow through DEXIS IS Connect.
- Integrated Type in CS Imaging (or other competitor): ScanFlow is acting as an acquisition software you can launch from CS Imaging. Patient data are managed within CS Imaging, CS Connect is managed from CS Imaging 8.
- Integrated Type in DTX Studio: ScanFlow is acting as an acquisition software you can launch from DTX Studio. Patient data are managed within DTX Studio.
Note that in integrated mode, DEXIS IS Scanflow can be launched from the desktop for review and export via DEXIS IS Connect
Q: Why DEXIS IS Connect does not propose to import my CS Connect profile?
A: the email address entered to signup DEXIS IS Connect is not recognized as a CS Connect user. Check the email by signing in CS Connect
Q: I imported my CS Connect dentist profile while signing up in DEXIS IS Connect but I cannot find my partners.
A: Possible causes are listed below:
- Your partner has not registered yet
- Your partner has registered but has declined to import his profile
Q: DEXIS IS ScanFlow installation completed with an DEXIS IS Connect installation failure
A: This can be caused by Crowdstrike Anti-Virus. This antivirus may prevent DEXIS IS Connect to be installed but it will not prevent DEXIS IS Connect to work once installed.
- Ask your IT Department to temporary disable the antivirus
- Sign up at dentalconnect.dexis.com
- Download and install DEXIS IS Connect when invited to do so
- Enable the antivirus back
Alternatively, this can be caused by a network unavailability during installation process. In this situation, provided the network is back, execute steps 2 and 3 listed above.
Q: Why have I 2 data bases, although DEXIS IS ScanFlow is installed in integrated mode?
A: When installed as ‘integrated’, the data acquired is registered in the Imaging software database.
However, DEXIS IS ScanFlow maintains his cases history and gives access to all DEXIS IS ScanFlow features after acquisition, for example review and send a case later in the day. Therefor a second database is created.
Q: Why don’t I find recent cases (cases history) in DEXIS IS Connect although I have imported my profile when signing up in DEXIS IS ScanFlow?
A: one of the conditions below may not be covered
- Cases history requires both dentist AND laboratory to have accepted to import their profile when signing up in DEXIS IS Connect.
- Case history addresses only cases that were downloaded by the laboratory and as such, reported as ‘consulted’ in CS Connect portal.
- Case history is limited to 30 days.
Q: Who can help if I am getting issue with CS Imaging 8 - CS Connect workflow?
A: Carestream Dental continue to support CS Connect and you should contact them for any issue when sharing case with CS Connect. One may check the following to exclude a DEXIS IS ScanFlow-CS Imaging integration issue
Check if data from DEXIS IS ScanFlow is properly copied in the CS Imaging database.
- If yes, then the problem is likely an Issue with CS Imaging.
- If no, escalade to Dexis Support team.
Q: I heard CS Connect Support will end this month, but should still be functional as it will be part of another Carestream product, what does this mean?
Carestream Dental continue to support CS Connect, contact them for further information.
DEXIS do support Connect User in transfer from CS Connect to DEXIS IS Connect. Contact us for such matter.